As a CFO at White Shark Media, you are responsible for developing financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services; preparing growth plans and directing staff.
It is expected for you to have strong fundraising backgrounds, as well as accounting expertise.
The CFO is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Accomplishes finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements. Report financial results to the board of directors.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Funding and Investment Management
- High energy and a strong desire to achieve top results
- Be a self-developmental individual.
- A charismatic can-do attitude over the phone
- A willingness to be coached, mentored, and developed, and a desire to learn new skills
- Motivation and self-sufficiency to produce results while working with limited supervision
- Proficiency in conducting needs analysis
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in Customer service (B2B), face-to-face sales, advertising sales, or business development
- Decision-making ability
- Strong communication skills, both on the phone and in writing
- A passion for sales
- Ability to prioritize certain tasks in order of importance
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Managing Profitability
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Management
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Corporate Finance
- Developing Budgets
- Financial Skills
- Dealing with Complexity