As the Marketing Web Developer at White Shark Media you are responsible for prototyping, creating and implementing beautiful, user-friendly, brand-consistent, cross-browser-tested websites, landing pages, and email templates.
On your day-to-day you will typically collaborate with the Graphic Design team as well as the Marketing Communications Coordinator in an effort to develop high-quality web products for the company. You’re also responsible for overseeing the health of the WSM-owned properties such as the main site, blog, and PPC landing pages; guaranteeing uptime, and providing swift response in the event of downtime.
The Marketing Web Developer is an experienced full-stack developer, who despite having the server back-end know-how, tends to lean more towards front-end work, and has a passion for writing proper CSS, strict HTML, and developing mobile-first websites.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ongoing development of cross-client compatible email templates for use on email marketing campaigns.
- Ongoing development of new pages and posts as needed based on product updates, business changes, etc.
- Ongoing development of and iterations to existing WordPress themes and plugins as needed based on feedback from Director of Marketing.
- Ongoing improvement and continued development of WSM owned websites based on feedback from Director of Marketing and other parties (as approved by Director of Marketing).
- Overall maintenance of WSM owned domains, servers, and website properties.
- Integration of WSM owned websites with external tools and applications as needed.
- Supporting IT with building / maintaining employee’s email signatures.
Examples of Projects Developer Will Work On
- Implement New HTML Signature Based on Designer-Provided Mockup
- Redesign WSM Blog Homepage and Navigation Structure
- Troubleshoot Salesforce Integration with ‘Contact Us’ form
- Troubleshoot Internal Server Error Across Multiple Pages on WSM Website
- Install Social Plugin on WSM Blog
- Collaborate with Graphic Design team on New Landing Page Mockup
- Developing New WordPress Plugin / Custom Function to Support WSM-Specific Requirements
- Integration of third party widgets and API’s
- Provision Brand New WordPress Install on a New Sub-Domain
Programming Language Requirements
- PHP Frameworks
- Solid portfolio of beautiful, user-friendly websites is a must
- Experience as a full stack developer is a must
- Experience with MVC frameworks is a must
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator or similar software is a must
- Experience in WordPress development is a plus
- Experience with cross-client compatible email building is a plus
- Mobile-first web design approach is a plus
- Experience integrating with external APIs is a plus
- Planning and effective time management are a must
- English Proficiency is a big plus