The Project Manager at White Shark Media is responsible to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of specific projects under his/her supervision. Work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, and with all departments in the company to support and ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of these projects. Responsibilities include determining project scope, timelines, tracking project progress and measuring outcomes. Collaborates with all internal departments, primarily with the CEO, CFO, and vendors to ensure proper alignment to project strategy, budget, and objectives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Initiation: Exploring and developing the idea to examine the feasibility of the project by a doing a due diligence report, comparing proposals, vendors, partners, until getting official approval and financing from Project Sponsors.
- Planning: Determining what needs to be done, who is going to do it, and when it needs to be done are all part of the planning process by defining and clarifying project scope, developing the project plan, developing the project schedule and developing policies and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives.
- Organizing: Setting up the project team’s structure by determining the organizational structure of the project team, identifying roles and positions and identifying services to be provided by external companies.
- Leading: Carrying out the project plan in order to achieve the project objectives by setting team direction, coordinating activities across different organizational functions, motivating team members and assigning work.
- Controlling: Keeping the project on track by defining project baselines, tracking project progress, project status reporting, risk management to implement countermeasures and actions.
- Manage the relationship with clients and all stakeholders
- Cultivate the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a project’s stakeholders: its sponsors, those who will make use of the project’s results, those who command the resources needed, and the project team members.
3- Partners & Vendors:
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Maintaining professional relationship to have smooth implementations and good project climate.
- Suitable candidates will have a background and at least 3 years experience in both Project Management and Installation of Quality systems
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering or Project Management.
- Six Sigma
- ISO Quality System Accreditation
- Having PMP certification is a plus
Managerial & Personal Attributes
- The ability to interpret analysis and apply this knowledge in the development of approaches.
- Be a team builder who provides the substance that holds the team together in common purpose toward the right objective.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, will allow the individual to deal comfortably with all levels within the organization.
- Strong computer literacy skills (love technology)
- A willingness to report to management on a regular basis.
- The ability to manage a large business critical project and a strong understanding of business strategy.
- Capable of problem-solving within the teams or projects.
- The ability to maintain composure despite the level of pressure
- The ability to manage resources within budgetary constraints.
- An awareness of the financial implications of actions.
- A resilience that will allow them to persevere with people.
- The ability to influence other people, in particular, fulfillment staff & upper management
- A willingness to take ownership.
- An eye for detail
- A willingness to use initiative and operate within a hands-on environment.
- A sense of humor and the flexibility to adapt to a changing culture.
- The ability to diplomatically influence others.
- A willingness to be supportive of others needs.
- Most of all a team player!