As a Public Relations Coordinator, you are responsible for managing the public image and reputation of White Shark Media across it’s main Geo Markets. Your job is to plan, develop, and execute communication strategies and campaigns that portray and influence a positive image of our brand to both internal and external audiences. These audiences include but aren’t limited to employees, clients, prospects, the general public, and the media.
The ideal candidate isn’t afraid to deal with a crisis. You are a creative and resourceful, problem-solver who is able to give a positive spin to any story. You are organized, efficient, and able to make the most of a PR budget. You are well-versed and ready to speak to the public on behalf of the organization.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Promote and maintain a positive image of the White Shark Media brand
- Participate in risk assessment and crisis management to protect the brand.
- Monitor the public’s opinion towards the brand on recent events.
- Answer inquiries, requests, and messages from the media and other public.
- Develop and oversee execution of a quarterly PR plan.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing on the overarching strategy and messaging.
- Prepare and submit PR budgets.
- Report on the effectiveness of all PR-related activities.
- Evaluate and collaborate with external PR Agencies – particularly for solid efforts outside of Nicaragua.
- Seek new partnership, sponsorship and advertising opportunities on a regular basis.
- Arrange interviews with strategic media outlets.
- Plan and manage social media campaigns.
- Create and Manage Social Media Calendar
- Coordinate with other departments on the creation of relevant content.
- Engage with social media audiences by commenting, answering messages, etc.
- Prepare and distribute press releases.
- Author and update relevant company information on our Website and other outlets.
- Organize and coordinate public events including but not limited to: press releases, conferences, training, and co-branded partner events.
- Be the voice of the company and Represent the company’s interests by attending relevant events.
- Coordinate with Audiovisuals Production to capitalize on relevant photo/video opportunities.
- Patience and cool-headedness is a must. You are expected to handle stress and crisis extremely well.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and orally.
- Creative and resourceful as you’ll need to find ways to carry out events with a limited budget.
- At least 2 years of experience in PR-related roles.
- A degree in PR, Strategic Communications, Journalism or related field is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to coordinate with the media, vendors, partners, and internal teams.