A Software Engineer at White Shark Media is responsible for supporting company systems through routine maintenance and constant improvements. This resource should complete assignments in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner that achieves the agreed upon outcomes. He/She must exhibit concern for the goals and needs of the department, as well as the company, and others that depend on his/her services or work products. This resource must be able to handle multiple responsibilities in an effective manner and use his/her work time productively.
The Software Engineer must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, and act with the clients’ best interests in mind. They must establish and maintain effective relationships with internal resources and gain their trust and respect. In order to excel in their role, Software Engineers must go above and beyond to anticipate customer needs and respond accordingly.
The Software Engineer must also display his/her problem-solving abilities and creativity by identifying and analyzing problems, formulating alternative solutions, and take, or recommend appropriate actions. It is also expected of him/her to follow up and ensure problems are resolved. This role also requires extensive collaboration and teamwork, using diplomacy and tact to maintain harmonious and effective work relationships with co-workers and internal clients, adapting to changing priorities and demands, and sharing information and resources with others to promote positive and collaborative work relationships.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, while working closely with all departments, the Software Engineer is expected to comfortably collaborate and communicate with teams across the entire organization. The Software Engineer should be able to effectively communicate, share information openly, relate well to all kinds of people, and speak and write effectively.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Resolve assigned bugs/issues/tasks, raising red flags/roadblocks, in a timely manner.
- Develop new projects based on established requirements and raising any issues/constraints in a timely manner.
- Mentor and guide team members and less experienced developers as necessary.
- Provide input, when working on a problem/bug/project as a team, and questioning approaches to make sure we consider all possibilities.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtain required information from vendors; recommend purchases, as necessary; test and approve software products.
- Stay up-to-date with improvements in the field by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect company operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Support the Salesforce Administrator(s) with development needs that require Apex, such as triggers.
- Step in for the Salesforce Administrator(s) when necessary to ensure excellent service to our internal clients with hands-on configuration and customization of Service Cloud/Salesforce Platform.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
- Excellent Programming Skills (PHP, Java, Visual Basic).
- Excels in Software Development Fundamentals.
- Excels in the Software Development Process.
- Excels in Software Requirements.
- Experience in Software Design.
- Experience in Software Debugging.
- Experience with Software Documentation.
- Experience with Software Quality Assurance.
- The individual must have the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as on their own.
- Intermediate English Proficiency Level, excellent comprehension (Fully Bilingual Not Required).
- Experience in CRM Management.
- Role models good team behavior and has a flexible and proactive approach to workload.
- A passion for good service.