As a Web Designer at White Shark Media® you’re responsible for designing and creating fully functional responsive websites for Small to Mid-Sized Businesses to promote their company in digital media.
The job involves using both non-technical and technical skills to produce websites that fit the customer’s requirements. Once a website is created, the designer helps with maintenance and additions to the website to keep it up-to-date, among other tasks.
As a Web Designer, you’ll be working independently and also as part of a team including 6 – 8 other Web Designers, a supervisor and the Director of Creative. They will all provide you with backup, training, support and feedback from your very first day.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Creating and Designing Mock Ups.
- Building WireFrames
- Creating and Designing Full Websites (look, layout and features).
- Maintaining/optimizing existing client websites.
- Creating backup files of current websites.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Studying or graduated in Graphic Design.
- Creative and detail oriented.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and tools.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Project oriented, can work under the pressure of deadlines.
- To remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Team player with a “can do” attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
- English proficiency is a must, preferably with a TOEFL certificate.
- Previous web agency experience.
- Knowledge of other languages in addition to English or Spanish.
- Must have a proven ability to drive results with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership in an environment with limited resources.