Were you aware that 85% of consumers use the internet to search for local businesses?
This makes total sense in view of the fact that there are approximately 307.2 million internet users in the US every day. So you can be sure that no matter what the nature of your business is, if you want to get new customers, you have to have a strong online presence, and for this, your best option is PPC.
PPC or Pay Per Click is a digital advertising model in which you pay a publisher every time someone clicks on your ad, and this will help you drive traffic to your website.
At this point, you might still be wondering if digital advertising is what your business needs, especially if we are talking about PPC for lawyers. In this blog, I will walk you through the experience of a real law firm with digital advertising and share some additional tips that will help you understand what it takes to succeed in the digital sphere.
PPC for Lawyers and the Fierce Competition
As you might already know, the legal market is highly competitive, and this is why it might be a bit harder to stand out in comparison with other industries. The two main obstacles you might initially find when trying to build an online presence are the high CPCs and the level of complexity in establishing differentiation.
The Longo Firm
This law firm, located in Davie, FL, specializes in personal injury, employment law, and general civil litigation. They reached out to our digital marketing agency because they were not getting the desired results from Google Ads. Moreover, they wanted to sign more cases and expand their offices throughout the state of Florida.
After meeting with the Longo firm, our team established the following goals:
- To generate at least forty highly qualified leads per month.
- To increase traffic that, by default, would improve the position and gain visibility on search engine pages.
- To increase visitor engagement on the website.
As expected, there were also some challenges, like:
- CPCs were incredibly high, which is why it was imperative to allocate the budget strategically to generate maximum results at a price that still produced a return on investment (ROI).
- This firm was spending money, yet they were not tracking the PPC efforts, which made it nearly impossible to measure results in terms of ROI.
A Custom-Built Plan Is Key to Succeed
The first thing we all need to determine when it comes to creating a marketing strategy is “the value proposition” we will focus on. This is what our team did, and in accordance with the Longo firm, the campaign was designed based on the most valuable services.
We created tightly themed ad groups based on these services and used keyword variations and modifiers that would help us target our audience effectively. We specifically focused on the following areas:
- Car Accident and Injury
- Personal Injury
- Slip and Fall Cases
- Wrongful Death
- A geo-target strategy was designed to reach the right audience. We included zip codes and geo-targeted keywords to cover the central locations the firm serves.
- Top-performing keywords were identified, and strategic bid optimizations were implemented to capitalize on those elements.
- Unprofitable elements such as keywords, specific hours, days of the week, and locations were removed from the campaign.
- Ad extensions were added to enhance the attractiveness and visibility of our ads and promote additional information about the Longo firm and its services.
- Call tracking and conversion tracking were installed to learn how effectively our clicks led to valuable customer activity, allowing us to invest the budget efficiently and boost the ROI.
- Our client’s website was optimized to convert. We implemented a “request a quote” form, created one page per product, and included the main geo-target.
We reached our goals!
- In only six months, we increased the number of calls generated by 360%, the conversion rate by 93.74% (from 14.70% to 28.48%), and also decreased the cost per acquisition decreased by 45%.
- Additionally, by month five, we were already able to generate 46 qualified leads, and we achieved a return on investment of six to one, meaning that for every dollar the firm spent on Google Ads, they received six dollars in profit.
Don’t Settle for Average!
Success is not defined by the nature of your business, how much money you are willing to invest, or the goals you have in mind. It all comes down to the team you have in your corner. In such a competitive market, you need to ensure that you partner with the right team at the time.
You should also remember that the digital world is rapidly evolving, which might cause your business to stay behind in the digital field, especially when it comes to PPC for lawyers. If you want to learn more about customized strategies such as the ones mentioned in this blog, make sure to subscribe to our digital marketing journal.
“I have been working with them for around six months now, and the return has been well worth the money. White Shark Media has helped me align my business with my target market. I have been able to sign new clients, increase my conversion rate, and increase the quality of the calls I receive, and that’s what’s valuable.”
Micah Longo | THE LONGO FIRM