As everyone bundles up for the start of winter, we wrap the year up.
The end of fall also marks the end of our 2021 digital marketing plans. This is a cue for all strategists to scout guidelines and trends for their 2022 plans.
To help your search, we’ve gathered some of the digital trends and advances to learn more about as you plan your moves for the quarters to come.
How AI will support PPC Marketing
What AI means for each industry is different but overall it makes everything more efficient.
“By definition, automation is the technology by which a process or procedure is performed with minimal human assistance. Automation tools are based on artificial intelligence and machine learning. In advertising, these tools use algorithms to review data and make educated decisions on your marketing efforts.”
The increased reliance on artificial intelligence (AI) in the pay-per-click industry is precisely what allows platforms to offer bigger and better features.
Automation and AI are advantageous to marketers as it increases efficiency and allows advertisers to work smarter, not harder. Below are some of the ways that you can use it:
- Keywords: AI can help spot popular terms related to your keywords. AI-powered SEO can help you.
- Data Performance: Analyze performance with auto-generated reports that allow your team to flag poor performance quickly. If you are A/B testing ads and notice poor performance, you can quickly pause a less desirable format and move on.
- PPC bids: AI can help you adjust your bids by preventing them from being too low to capture users likely to convert or overspending where it’s not necessary.
- Long-tail keywords suggestions
Formerly known as musical.ly, Tik Tok is a social media platform that allows users to create, scroll, and share personalized short-form mobile videos.
Most people know this already, but what may come as a surprise is that their recent partnership with Shopify will allow businesses to add a shopping tab to their account. This creates a storefront dynamic on the user’s TikTok profile.
Measuring on Facebook
If you can believe it, social media giant Facebook continues to roll out products and improvements for advertisers.
In the upcoming year, businesses of all sizes can expect to rely on new ad measurement solutions. Among these are:
- Measuring Total Value: Whether you work with ads, posts or Shops, you can use data for optimizations. With a recent A/B testing tool for organic posts, you’ll be able to learn which of 4 ad formats performs better for your business. Include photos, text, and links.
- Contextual Recommendations in Commerce Insights and Ads Reporting will show tailored recommendations for their Facebook Business Suite Insights, Ads Manager, and Commerce Manager. This can benefit both paid and organic content. An example of this can be a pop-up alerting you to a new lookalike audience and the benefits that it can bring.
We hope that the information above has helped you gather insight into the tools and platforms that you can leverage in 2022. If you’re planning your strategy, we’ve got a video that can guide you:
The best way to prepare for the investments ahead is to be aligned with the industry and tools that can help you work smarter.
If you’re overwhelmed by PPC and you are eager to partner up with an agency to turn your marketing on its head next year. Reach out to our strategists for a brief meeting on how we can help you reach your goals.