COVID-19: Important Steps To Take For Your Business
We have a shared reality. Collectively, we are all trying to adjust as individuals and businesses to the new challenges brought on by the COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 virus. We hope that you, your team, and your loved ones have settled in safely.
In the meantime, we’ve gathered recommendations to help you navigate the changes for your employees and customers.
For the most timely information and guidance on Coronavirus, please monitor the World Health Organization website.
Given the unprecedented circumstances brought on by the coronavirus, White Shark Media has come together with our partners like never before. Communication has been key to getting this done. Our Leadership team created an official COVID-19 task force and meets on a daily basis to monitor decisions as conditions progress.
If you are able to do this with your team, bring together different disciplines so that all matters are taken into consideration. We included our strategists, managers, human resources, sales, marketing, technology, and operations teams.
Again, as circumstances shift, work together to navigate the changes, keeping the lines open. Checking in with clients will give you a better idea of what they may need assistance with to remain afloat.
Send out general emails to clients and partners with all the measurements and initiatives that your business should consider. Below are a few of the points we’ve shared with our partners:
If your business remains open, the following sanitary measures will help keep your employees and their loved ones safe:
- Create ongoing COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 awareness campaigns throughout the premises. Placed reminders throughout our offices and in lavatories.
- Monitor trustworthy health institutions for implementation of updated measures to prevent coronavirus.
- Train personnel to take employee’s temperature at the beginning of every shift, as a monitoring measure. If the temperature is above the norm, ask them to attend a medical consultation to get tested for coronavirus and give the necessary instructions to work from home.
- If you can, arrange to make it optional for everyone in the office to Work From Home.
- If you make your own hand sanitizer, make it available to everyone in common areas, meeting rooms and assign some bottles to team managers.
- Increment cleaning frequency of touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs.
- Keep a stock of preventive hygiene inventory (soaps, sanitizers, and masks) available to your employees.
- Suspend all recreation gatherings, external group visits, business travel, or public hosted events.
- Have a maximum capacity for common areas (including elevators).
- Coordinate meetings over the phone or via chat email. Should attendees gather in person, keep 1-meter distance between each other.
Working From Home
Fortunately, at White Shark Media, we are able to provide our services from home without any disruptions. We are eager to share the tools and resources for you to do the same while facing the coronavirus or SARS-CoV-2 outbreak:
Network Connectivity: We recommend OneLogin to manage your personnel.
- OneLogin is a cloud-based identity and access management provider that designs, develops, and sells a unified access management system platform to enterprise-level businesses and organizations.
- We recommend sharing documents on Google Drive or Microsoft 365 so that your teams can work together in real-time.
For online meetings, we use and vouch for the following platforms:
- Zoom, an easy reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars. For more, visit their site.
- Google Hangouts to message coworkers, start free video or voice calls with one person or a group. Click to add to your Google Chrome.
- Skype: Part of Office 365, Skype is an instant messaging platform that allows teams to communicate via chat, video or voice calls. Download your skype app here.
- Microsoft Teams, a hub for team collaboration, allows you to have all of your teams’ chat and video meetings in one place. This platform also lets you store files and apps. Get Microsoft Teams here.
No business is running as usual, this is why it’s important to update your customers so they know what to expect during the new challenges coronavirus has brought. Here’s a shortlist that we’ve begun working on for our partners:
- Highlight helpful services such as “Expedited Shipping.”
- Make sure to pause campaigns if your product availability is impacted by supply chain issues or increased demand.
- If your business relies on customers from countries most affected by SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19, consider prioritizing your ad budget to other locations.
- If your hours of operation have changed, edit your Business Profile on Google my Business and/or Bing Places.
- If your business resources allow it, add additional services to support your partners and clients on what they need at the moment. An example of this is infographics, content, design, etc. Many businesses are adding streaming features or videos of content that is helpful to viewers.
Monitor Paid Advertising Accounts
Time at home will do two things: first and foremost, it means screen time, but this also includes an overload in messaging. Make sure the following points keep your messaging up to date, relevant, and clear:
- Monitor the campaign traffic; you can either have spikes depending on the industry, or decrease in traffic so we are on top to change the strategy asap.
- Constant communication with partners on updates.
- Monitor the local government announcements and adjust any strategies accordingly.
- Manage search queries closely and add negative keywords to campaigns to avoid irrelevant traffic.
- Monitoring competitor landscapes (ads, promotions, and features) for users looking for your business.
We hope the points above have helped you resolve some of the issues your business may be facing. We are here to provide guidance in any way that we can.
For more information or a free consultation, please reach out to us directly. To stay up to date with helpful information, please subscribe to our blog.