The 3 Most Common Issues That The Optimizer Will Catch For You
Improving your PPC campaigns can be an overwhelming task. The Optimizer by White Shark Media narrates the necessary steps to improve campaigns.
Whether you’re a seasoned PPC specialist or a beginner, the Optimizer serves up a handy checklist when juggling various campaigns.
In any strategy, the first things to identify are negative results. This discovery might overjoy you; this is where people get stumped.
Below are some of the issues that PPC campaigns run into and how the Optimizer can assist you in tackling them. Note the various reasonings that our tool will serve as an overall best practice when reviewing your campaigns.
ISSUE #1 High CPA
Acquiring new consumers is essential, but it shouldn’t come at too high a cost. When your CPA is pushing the envelope, you will need to determine the steps that can remedy the situation.
The Optimizer generates a list of possible triggers. In regards to CPA, here are two that you will become more familiar with:
- Keywords, No Conversions: You will need to check out keyword performance over the last 90 days. Filtering out words that have not generated conversions to determine how many have been weighing you down. Suggested next steps include pausing these words and/or lowering bids.
- Locations, High CPA: You’ll want to run a location report. Again, you will apply a time frame, filter out areas that have not generated conversions, and organize them by cost. Each of these will help you understand the situation better. Suggested next steps include excluding locations and/or lowering bid adjustments on places that have performed at a higher CPA than you’ve projected.
ISSUE #2 LIMITED BY BUDGET
This issue just means that your campaign’s daily budget is lower than the recommended amount. If this is the case, you will need to make changes to maximize the budget without jeopardizing the campaign’s performance. As generated by the Optimizer, here are some of the reasons that this tends to occur:
- Ad Schedule: Through Ad Schedule View, check your time frame, conversions, and cost. Based on the insights provided by your performance history, you can determine which of the following would be valuable to next month’s performance.
- Ad Delivery Method: Check out your budget and the delivery method that’s being used. Change it in from “accelerated” to standard to ensure the budget is distributed more evenly throughout the day.
ISSUE #3 DIP IN CONVERSIONS
When conversions decrease, it’s crucial to try a few things to get back to your ideal number. Here are some things to consider:
- Change History: Identify the spikes and/or drops in performance and the dates when they occurred.
- Conversion Tracking, Google Ads: Take a look at your conversions and check on the tracking status. You can create Conversion Action and Install Tracking Codes. Install them along with Global Site and Event tags to learn more.
These are some of the issues that are called out in your campaigns when using the Optimizer tool. As mentioned earlier in this post, it’s key to determine what’s cramping your performance. The guidance provided by our tool will make the next steps less overwhelming. To learn more about how your campaigns can benefit, check out our latest post.