Discover the Best SEO Plugins for WordPress in 2020
Nowadays, your online presence is the most essential contributor to a digital marketing strategy. Adding SEO plugins to your website falls under the required steps to deem this strategy successful.
But wait, what are SEO plugins? SEO plugins for WordPress make it easier for search engines to navigate through your website or landing page. The plug-in optimizes the media data, found in the code and structure of your site.
In short, these tools help to improve your website and its performance. Below are the recommended plug-ins that can make a difference in your strategy this year. Check them out!
1. Yoast SEO
If your business or marketing agency has WordPress, you need to get acquainted with Yoast SEO. With a whopping 5 million+ installations, this is one of the most acclaimed as the best SEO plugins for WordPress.
Features: With Yoast, you will be able to:
- Generate an XML sitemap
- Add titles and descriptions to your posts and pages that you publish on your website (custom title tags, meta descriptions, Open Graph Tags, canonicals, and meta robots tags)
- Verify your site in Webmaster Tools (Google, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, etc.)
- Exclude (“no index”) certain types of content from being indexed in search engine results (e.g., categories, tags, media pages)
- Import your SEO data from another plugin
- Analyze how easy or difficult your content is to read and make adjustments
2. Rank Math
Rank Math is well known for its user-friendly interface and is coming in strong. Similar to Yoast, it has all of the features that will help you optimize a site. However, the tool has its wizard to guide you through the set up to optimize both websites for search engines and social media.
Features: With Rank Math, you will be able to:
- Create an XML sitemap
- Open Graph metadata for blog posts
- Import your SEO data from another plugin
- Connect Google Search Console
- Manage users control access to plugin features
3. All in One SEO Pack
All in One SEO Pack is another excellent option on our list of the best SEO plugins for WordPress. Similar to Yoast, it offers WordPress sites all the must-have features to optimize their websites. The way the plug-in is set up and bit different to navigate changes the dynamic between the two. The kicker for many is that All in One is slightly less expensive than Yoast and less more customizable to Yoast. You’ll only need one plug-in, but depending on your preferences, these two are great options for WordPress users.
Features: With All in One, you will be able to:
- Add SEO title and meta tags
- Open Graph metadata tags
- Create XML and image sitemaps
- Edit your robots.txt file via a user-friendly interface
- Block “bad bots” such as including referral spam
4. SEO Framework
The plot thickens with yet another alternative to Yoast and All in One. SEO framework is a lighter alternative to the previously mentioned plugins. The interface was designed for a user-friendly experience from the color scheme to the features that serve the user—known to have a natural flow to it.
Features: With SEO Framework, you will be able to:
- Prevent duplicated content mistakes by enforcing strict canonical rules
- Generate critical SEO meta tags in any language by reading your WordPress environment
- Receive great support from the support forum
- Create and customize the Open Graph, Facebook, and Twitter Cards protocols
- Help post content on various social networks
Redirection is a WordPress plugin to manage 301 redirects. Redirects are useful to send users and search engines to a different URL than the one that is requested. For example, this is helpful when a web page has been moved from one location to another. It’s easy to use and it helps you build and manage redirects for your site. Enter the source URL and target URL, then hit “add redirect.”
Advanced users can benefit by regex matching for redirects, ignore trailing slashes, ignore URL parameters, and many more features. The best of all, it’s a free SEO plugin for WordPress. There’s no premium version.
Features: With Redirection, you will be able to:
- Redirect posts and pages that are published, drafted, or deleted from its edit page directly.
- Manually add 301, 302, and 307 redirects for a WordPress post
- Support wild card redirection
- Have a full log for all redirected URLs
- Redirect index.php, index.html, and index.htm access
6. WP Super Cache
This SEO WordPress plugin stores data so that requests load faster. When a user requests a site, this tool cuts the series of calculations (generating icons, finding widgets, etc) that it has to make.
WP Super Cache creates a static HTML version of your website, serving that version of your page upon request.
Features: With Super Cache, you will be able to:
- Serve pages thousands of times
- Serve static HTML files to the vast majority of your users
- Clear the cache whenever you make a change on your site
- Advanced settings include features such as disabling caching for visitors who have a cookie set
7. Rel Nofollow Checkbox
Explained best by WordPress, “When a post is saved, the plugin adds the rel=”nofollow” attributes to post external links. This WordPress SEO plugin also provides an apt checkbox to exclude a post from the plugin’s action. But not everyone uses the code editor. Many prefer the visual editor. This plugin solves the problem by adding a “nofollow” checkbox to the WordPress UI.”
Features: With Rel Nofollow Checkbox, you will be able to:
- Set some do-follow
- Enjoy open source software
- Use on Classic Editor
8. Broken Link Checker
If you’ve ever launched a campaign with a broken link only to find out it’s a failure, you know how frustrating this is. The Broken Link Checker scans your site–both internally and externally, and notifies you of faulty links.
The tool works behind the scenes, so there is no need to worry about check-ups. It will work while you work.
The only thing to note here is that the plugin can slow your website down. Its bandwidth is large and is not recommended with limited hosting.
Features: With Broken Link Checker, you will be able to:
- Receive notifications by email HTTP status code (e.g., 404, 410), anchor text and source of the link
- Fix any faulty URLs quickly and easily
- Benefit from ongoing checks and alerts as you go
- Unlink dead links from a post
- Receive suggestions of replacement links for quick swaps of URLs
9. SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant
Grow your traffic. Yes, this one of the best WordPress SEO plugins in the market, and it’s popular across the board as it helps improve your content to best the top 10 results for your selected keywords.
Features: With SEMRUSH, you will be able to:
- Find organic keywords and search terms that you can leverage easily for ranking
- Conduct competitive keyword research
- Integrate with WordPress
- Assist you in writing better, SEO-friendly content
- Helps you assess and improve your position in the marketplace
10. Google Search Console
Another Google hit, Google Search Console, helps websites monitor and maintain a presence in search result pages. It’s free and made by Google, so what’s not to trust and love.
Moreover, the Yoast SEO tool we mentioned earlier setups quickly to Search Console without writing any code.
Features: With Google Search Console, you will be able to:
- Receive alerts when Google is unable to navigate (or crawl) and index pages
- Receive assistance on how to fix these (crawl) errors
- Identify the effectiveness of keywords for anchor texts, average position, impressions, and more
- Optimize your content with ranking data
- Leverage keyword data for blog post ideas
What Is the Best SEO Plugin for WordPress?
There are numerous plugins you can add to your website. Depending on what you are working on, you will use plugins to help you optimize your content, redirect users, eliminate cache, among others. This is a common question asked by our end-advertisers as well as our White Label PPC Partners. There is no one best SEO plugin you should be using, but rather a package of plugins that are essential to help you optimize your website for SEO and user experience.
Use this guide to obtain optimal results for your website. Stay tuned for more tips and tricks to make the most of the year with digital services on our blog!